Dott. Massimo Bertozzi, PhD|
Dip. Ing. Informazione
From November 1994 to October 1997 he was a PhD student in information technology at the Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Informazione of the Università di Parma where he chaired the local IEEE student branch. Since November 1997 he has held a permanent position and he is now associate professor at the Department of Engineering and architecture..
His research interests mainly focus on the application of image processing to real-time systems and specifically to autonomous driving, on the optimization of machine code at assembly level, and on parallel and distributed computing, use of CNN for autonomous driving and industrial inspection.
He has been involved in different research projects, as examples:
- He was one of the main investigators of the ARGO Project, aimed at the development of a fully automated vehicle (ARGO was a Lancia passenger car equipped with analogic stereo vision system, a Pentium MMX-based processing unit, and vehicle actuators). It was tested in 1998 with a little more than 2000 km tour on italian highways; it was the first autonomous vehicle to be tested in public roads in Italy.
- In 2005 he cooperated to the development of the TerraMax perception system that was on fo the 5 vehicles able to successfully conclude the DARPA Grand Challenge;
- In 2007 TerraMax also entered the DARPA Urban Challenge reaching the final challenge stage;
- In 2010 he was one of the organizers of VIAC (the VisLab Intercontinental Autonomous Challenge) a 13.000 km test from Milan (Italy) to Shanghai (China) with four electric autonomous vehicles;
- He also cooperated to development of the DEEVA vehicle that featured more than 20 cameras plus other sensors (laser, GPS, IMU...)
From 2015 until 2020 he worked at VisLab on the development of SW and System Integration for the Ambarella CVflow® chip architecture.
Since 2020 he is also focusing his research interests to CNN in cooperation within the IMP Lab research group.
- Work Stuff
- Other Stuff
- Teaching Information
- Computer Science and Programming Laboratory (in Italian)
- Computer Vision (in Italian)
- Computer Architectures (in Italian)
- Computer Science Basics A (in Italian)
- Computer Science Basics II (in Italian)
- LaTeX2 template for master theses and technical reports (in Italian)
- Hints for master theses organization (in Italian).